Monday, July 7, 2014

First impression of America

When the plane landed with a huge roar at JFK Airport, seeing all the signs in English, I knew I was in America now.
JFK Airport
It was my first time to go abroad and of course the first time to America. I was full of expectations but something bad happened at the beginning.
It was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon when we begun to check in. There were four officers at first and the line go on with a fast speed. But when it was our turn, the officers all were gone and just left us to wait. It was nearly an hour that we waited in line. It made us dissatisfied and had a bad memory with America at the beginning.
However, things became different when we on the way to New Haven. There were lots of trees and grasses everywhere. The sky was so blue and the air was so fresh compared with Shanghai, where I was from. It reminds me of my hometown, a small country town in the south of China with wonderful environment. I begun to like America from that moment, I thought.
New Haven
Things became better when we arrived at Yale. The enthusiastic Yale security, with bright yellow uniform, guided us to the Morse college. The officer of Morse welcomed us with a nice smile and told us what shall we do. The food in the dinning hall was good, at least I thought so. The classmates I met were all very kind. May be I was falling in love with America. I hope this impression could continue to from the first to the end.              
Morse college 

No comments:

Post a Comment