Sunday, July 20, 2014

The moment I grew up

It was in my 16th year. My father came to Beijing from my hometown, which is 2000 kilometers away from Beijing. I had to choose the university before the college entrance examination that weekend. It is really a risk to choose the university without knowing the score you would get in the examination so my father came to help me. He came Beijing by train and I went to the train station to meet him. It took us some time to find each other because the Beijing West Station was so big and there were so many people. But the moment I spotted my father, he wore a white t-shirt and black trousers and stood beside the stairs. He looked a little shorter than I last saw him, which was half a year earlier. When I walked up to him, he saw me and gave me a big smile, which made his crow’s-feet more obvious. I hurried to him and gave him a big hug when I came to him. And at that moment I saw his left temple full of so much grey hair, more than any time before. In that night, he told me it was the last big decision he would help me and I would make decision by myself in the future. I realized something after that day. He was getting older and I was growing up. I need to assume the responsibility of a man, becoming more independent and mature and making my parents have a better later life.

No comments:

Post a Comment