Monday, July 7, 2014

The first weekend of July in Yale

In the class on Thursday, the teachers told us we would have our weekend from Friday because Friday was the Independence Day. And my first weekend of July in Yale begun.
the dinning hall full of national flag of America 
There was a film about Independence Day in the morning on Friday. It was really a good film actually about the whole history of America. But I didn't understand much about the introduction, it was very different from the spoken English. Then it's the BBQ which I was excited to go to. However, it was raining all the time when we were in the BBQ.
BBQing
It was not very bad because we could speak English to each other to improve our speaking. And when we were back, it was time for the World Cup.
There were four World Cup games in the weekend and I watched three of them. I was a hardcore fan of Argentina and Argentina beat Belgium by one goal from Higuain. Messi, the captain of Argentina, was my favorite player. He was the best player in the world now and he could be the best of the history if only he led Argentina to win the World Cup.I had been looking forward this day.
My favorite soccer player-Messi
Besides the World Cup, I also did many other interesting things like I visited the library of Yale and played soccer in the grass with some friends. I even went to the church on Sunday and experienced the whole mass in a solemn environment. Of course, I din't forget my homework, it also took me several hours.
The Sterling Library

What a rich and colorful weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to the rest of your posts....where is the picture of little Henry?!?

    ReplyDelete